QuickBooks error 15222 is a common part of the 15000 error series, which can arise while trying to update the application or the payroll version. This error can prevent users from running the update process and can occur due to some common causes, like a lack of admin rights or an invalid digital signature certificate. You can tackle QuickBooks payroll update error 15222 by performing the quick solutions mentioned in this blog.
If you are unable to follow the troubleshooting steps given below, and these solutions seem too technical, you can call our team of QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate guidance with the update problems in the app.
What are the Common Reasons and Scenarios Leading to QuickBooks Update Error 15222?
QuickBooks Desktop error 15222 can arise due to the main causes and possible factors mentioned below –
- Your Internet Explorer settings might be invalid or incorrect, and the default browser settings might be misconfigured while running the updates.
- The shared download path might be incorrect, and the drive might not be mapped while trying to download the latest updates.
- Essential services, like the file copy service, might be damaged, corrupted, or missing from the main PC, which can prevent users from updating QB.
- There are internet connectivity issues in the system, and the network might be unstable or unreliable while downloading the QB or payroll updates.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop version might be old or outdated, and the incompatible version might prevent users from running the payroll update process
Effective Techniques to Easily Dismiss QuickBooks Error Message 15222
QuickBooks error code 15222 can be reliably addressed by following the quick solutions mentioned below –
Solution 1 – Repair the QB Program Files from the Features Tab of the Control Panel
You can eliminate QB error code 15222 by repairing the program files from the control panel.
- Open the Control Panel and choose the Uninstall/Modify option from the Programs and Features menu, then access the program list.
- Find QuickBooks and run the repair process, followed by hitting the Repair option and performing the modification steps.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks after restarting your PC and check the status of the 15000 series error code.
Solution 2 – Import the Digital Signature by Accessing the Details Window of the Signature Tab
Issues while running the updates in QB can be fixed by importing the digital signature from the details tab.
- Open the Windows File Manager and choose the QuickBooks folder of the C Drive to locate the QBW32.EXE file.
- Edit the Properties option and select Details from the Digital Signature tab to choose Intuit Inc, then select View Certificate and hit the Install button.
QuickBooks payroll update error 15222 can be successfully rectified by using the quick solutions given in this blog. If these steps are ineffective in fixing the update problems, you can call our QB support team at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct assistance with the error.