If are you also one of those who want to recover the forgot Access VBA password then you are at the right place. You do not need to worry about this we are here to tell you different and easy methods to solve your problem. Let’s understand it through users’ query
In 2009/2010, I created a database. I upgraded to 2010, converted it to an ACCDB, and password-protected the VBA. In 2017, I left the company, handing over all of my passwords and leaving my code in the hands of someone else.
They asked me to return in September 2021, which I did, but the password to the database I am attempting to obtain was lost. I tried HxD, but it doesn’t work with ACCDB.
How do I get the password back? Can someone help me with a new method to recover the forgot access VBA password to solve this situation?
Remembering numerous passwords related to other IDs or some other work might be hard for some users. To remove and recover the password users look for a different approach that makes their work easy. The first approach is the manual method and the technical method is the second approach So without any delay let’s look forward to how users can remove passwords in Access database files.
Method to Recover the Forgot Access VBA Password
The methods mentioned below are Manual or Professional methods. The manual method can be performed in different ways. Let’s have a look step by step at how both methods work.
# Manual Method to Remove ACCDB Password Online
The manual method is a lengthy process to perform. Also, this method has two different ways as well. So let’s see below how this method works.
1. Remove the ACCDB VBA Password
Follow the given steps to remove the VBA password from ACCDB files.
- To begin, open the access database file with the right database password.
- Then select File and Open >> Decrypt Database from the menu.
- Next, click on OK.
- Then, choose the Access database (ACCDB) file to be decrypted.
- Select Open Exclusive from the Open drop-down menu.
- This will now bypass the MS Access database password.
- Go back to File and click on Decrypt Database.
- Enter the password in the Unset Database Password dialogue box and click OK.
2. Remove Password by using Visual Basic Editor
- Open a new Access Database
- Press ALT+F11 to open VBA project files.
- Now open Visual Basic Editor, then the Insert option, and click on the Module button.
- Now, use the below code to remove the password from the VBA Access database.
As String, _ Pwd As String)Dim CN As ADODB.Connection
Set CN = New ADODB.Connection
‘ Remove MS Access VBA Password
‘ Open database for shared (by default), read/write access, and
‘ specify database password.
.Provider = “Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0”
.Properties(“Jet OLEDB:Database Password”) = Pwd
.Mode = adModeReadWrite
‘ Here goes the Code to work with the database.
Set CN = Nothing
The Drawback of using this Manual Method
- To perform users need time.
- It has lots of technical difficulties.
- Any error in the VBA code can lead to serious difficulties.
- Remove VBA passwords one by one from ACCDB files Data security cannot be guaranteed.
- The existing password for MS Access cannot be changed.
# Recover the Forgot Access VBA Password – Professional Method
The manual method is not 100% secure for removing the password from the VBA database file. To ensure this process goes smoothly users can use trusted third-party tools. VBA Password Recovery Tool is one of the best tool you can find. Additionally, it is also able to remove multilingual passwords from VBA code.
Steps-by-step to recover the forgot access VBA password.
- Run the tool in your system.
- Add VBA access password-protected file by Add File or Add Folder option.
- Now click on the Recover button.
- Select the Copy Password button and now you can see the Access database password.
Additional Features of Professional Method
- Easily able to recover Macro files.
- No need for technical knowledge.
- Also able to remove the VBA password of any length with any language.
- Support with Windows OS 10,8,7 (32 and 64-bit).
- This tool not only recovers the password it also removes the password as well.
In this blog, we have mentioned the different approaches to recover the forgot access VBA password. Users can use two different methods of manual method but they should its drawback as well. However, they can try the professional method as well. By following the professional method they can their work easy and hassle-free. But it is totally up to users to choose which method they want to use.