Quick measures to rectify QuickBooks Error Code 1328
QuickBooks helps users create precise account reports, calculate taxes, send invoices, and manage the employee payroll. However, users sometimes encounter QuickBooks Error Code 1328 while setting up the software on their PC. If this error interrupts QB installation on your PC, continue reading the blog to discover its triggers and the reliable techniques to confront it on your PC.
Rectify the error quickly with the assistance of our QB support team
What causes this error 1328 during the installation of QuickBooks on your PC?
You run into error 1328 QuickBooks while installing, repairing, or uninstalling the software. The causes for the occurrence of this runtime error during QB installation are mentioned below-
- The QuickBooks installation package you have on your PC is damaged, and the Windows installer fails to process it.
- Your system’s User Account Control settings forbid installation or update of the PC applications.
- The Windows Components, like the .NET Framework, is damaged, leading to a failure in installing QuickBooks Desktop.
Methods you can rely on to rectify the error
QuickBooks installation error 1328 won’t let you update, repair, or install the software on your PC until you take the required actions to fix its triggers. The correct countermeasures to tackle the issue are given below-
Solution 1- Uninstall QuickBooks and perform a clean re-installation
You’ll receive an ‘Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp’ message before the QB installation or update fails. This might happen due to issues in the installation package, which causes problems when the Windows installer tries processing the files. You can fix the issue by removing damaged QuickBooks from your PC and reinstalling it to prevent QuickBooks update error from developing again. Use these steps-
- Press Windows+X to open a pop-up menu and click the Settings option.
- Go to Program and Features in the control panel menu to view all the PC applications.
- Single-click on the QB version you use and tap Uninstall/Change.
- Click Yes or the OK option to confirm the action to uninstall.
After QuickBooks gets fully uninstalled from your PC, you need to install it again. Make sure you have the product key, license number, registered phone number, and email to prevent issues during QB installation. Refer to these steps-
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit the official website of QuickBooks.
- Select your QB product and download the installation file on your computer.
- Double-click the QuickBooks.exe file after it is downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Agree and continue on the software license agreement page.
- Enter the Product key and license number in the next window to continue the installation.
- You have to choose-
- Express if you are a new QB user with the software application on a single computer.
- Custom if you have multiple systems in your organization and you are installing it on the server PC.
- Let the installation complete and open the software afterward.
You may also read :- Here’s How to Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This blog details why QuickBooks Error 1328 develops while installing, updating, or repairing the software. You can also find accurate solutions for the issue in the blog, which you must use to prevent the error from appearing again on your PC.
Contact a QB support team at +1(855)-738-0359 to fix the issues you face while using the techniques.