How Many Ways Are There For The Netgear Extender Setup?
If the dead zones or no internet connectivity zones in your home are bothering you, then try the Netgear Extender Setup, as the routers of other brands are fine to provide connectivity in a small house. But they usually fail to provide proper bandwidth and connectivity in big houses. However, the Netgear Extender is the best to provide extended internet connectivity in big houses.
The Netgear Extender works by taking your router’s existing WiFi signals and amplifying them so that you can get the proper internet connectivity and speed in every corner of your house.
Now there are two different ways in which the Netgear Extender Setup can be done.
- The first one is Manual Setup, in case you don’t have the WPS enabled.
- And the other method is connecting using the WPS mode.
Now in this guide, you will find the easy steps to set up the Netgear Extender by using both the Manual Method and WPS method. And along with that, you will also find the easy steps to login into the Netegear_Ext network.
So let’s start with the Manual Method for setting up the Netgear Extender.
Manual Method for the Netgear Extender Setup
It would be best to use Netgear’s default web user interface to set up the Netgear Extenders manually. Then, follow these steps to do the setup:
- Firstly connect your Netgear Extender to a wall socket.
- Then also connect the extender with your modem.
- Then launch any web browser on your Computer/laptop or whichever smart device you are using.
- Search for mywifiext.net in the search bar of the web browser.
- In case the ‘You are not connected to your extender’s network’ message occurs while connecting, please contact us for network help.
- Otherwise, you will land on the Netgear Login page.
- You need to enter your Netgear Username and password in the respective fields on the login page.
- Then tap on the Login button.
- If you are sure that you have successfully logged in, select the New Extender Setup button.
- Now you need to select the WiFi network that you want to extend. Also, select the Next button after choosing the network.
- Fill in the WiFi passphrase or password in the Password field.
- And lastly, tap on the Finish button to complete the Extender setup.
If your extender setup is successfully completed, you will see the four green LED lights lighting up on your extender. And please note that the new network name will be in the form of Netgear_ext (SSID).
So all the essential steps to manually set up the Netgear Extender have been listed above. However, if you still experience any issues, do not hesitate to contact us.
Now let’s read about the WPS method for the Netgear WiFi extender setup.
Steps to setup the Netgear Extender using the WPS method
Some users may find the Manual setup method a little complex. But don’t worry. If you don’t want to use the manual method, you can use the WPS method for the Netgear Extender Setup. The WPS method for the Setup is very simple. Just follow the following steps:
- Firstly, power on your Netgear WiFi Range Extender.
- Also, make sure that the extender is getting a sufficient power supply and there is no power fluctuation as well.
- Then press the WPS button of the extender.
- Wait till the WPS LED light of the extender becomes solid green.
- Then disconnect the extender from the power source. And now you can place the extender wherever you want. But do not put it out of the primary router’s network range.
- Once you see that all the four LED lights on your extender have become solid green, this means that the extender setup is successful.
Now you can freely connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the new extender’s network named in the form of Netgear_Ext SSID.
However, if you are experiencing any issues while logging into your Netgear_Ext network, please read the following section.
Steps for the Netgear_Ext Login
So once you have successfully set up the Netgear extenders, you need to login into your Netgear_Ext network. The login is essential to connect all your WiFi-enabled devices with the extender’s network technology. Now follow these steps to login into the Netgear_Ext network:
- After successfully setting up your extenders, close the extender setup page on your browser.
- And then close the web browser as well.
- Now pick the device that you want to connect to the Netgear_ext SSID network.
- Also, tap on the WiFi icon to turn it on.
- Now choose the Netgear_ext (SSID) from the list of available wifi networks.
- Next, a tab will pop up on the screen in which you need to enter your login password.
- Put your password in the Password field.
- And lastly, hit the Connect button to connect to the extender’s network.
Congrats! You have learned how to use both the Manual and WPS methods for setting up the Netgear Extenders. And not just that, you will also not face any issue while connecting to your extender’s network.
However, you are free to contact us if you ever experience any issues with your Netgear extenders.