Full-Stack vs. MEAN-Stack vs. MERN-Stack
Let’s begin with the question – what essentially is a ‘stack’? To make it simple for you, it is an abstract data type, a collection of elements and technologies that make the software development process easier. The programming languages used to generate an application are equipped to serve the needs of the business and the users.
A technology stack has a few basic components – a frontend framework, a backend framework, database technologies, and other miscellaneous backend technologies. These function together to achieve design decisions, heavy lifting, and data organization and storage. We have compiled a list of a few types of stacks that illustrate their significance in your business context. As you familiarize yourself with them, you will grow to feel more capable of selecting the technology stack best designed to meet your needs. We hope you find this useful!
What is Full-Stack?
Full-stack developers are proficient at various aspects of the web development process. They are necessarily skilled at frontend and backend development and often also equipped in mobile application building and testing. There has been a growing demand in the industry for full-stack developers because of their capability and multi-dimensional approach. Some examples of the frontend and back tend technologies they consider may include CSS, SPA, JS, Node.js, Python, and PHP.
Advantages of Full-Stack Developers:
- Suppose your business is relatively small, or you have recently started finding your feet as an entrepreneur. In that case, this technology will be ideal for you as they are great at compartmentalized web development processes.
- Their approach is holistic – taking into account the entire design structure in the development process.
- One of their most attractive features is the ease with which they can switch between frontend and backend development according to the specific project requirement. Their work continues to be seamless, and because of their skill, the shifts have no impact on the process.
- Full-stack is easy to upgrade and extremely cost-effective.
What is MEAN Stack?
MEAN is an acronym for the various components that make up this stack. These include MongoDB, Express.JS, Angular, Node.js. The application is written on both the server-side and client-side in the same language.
Advantages of MEAN Stack Developers:
- Developers working with MEAN stack invest a very short amount of time building an application as the development process is considerably simplified. A large amount of routine and repetitive tasks are eliminated.
- It supports flow using Model View Controller architecture.
- Developers tend to find a lot of community support as it is an open-source framework.
- MEAN stack usually comes with an extensive suite of pre-built tools used for testing.
- Build single-page web applications in AngularJS and interactive forums, calendar applications, and news aggregation sites.
- Mean Stack development facilitates Isomorphic Coding. Developers can work on multiple platforms (like Android and iOS) using the same base code without undertaking separate development projects. This approach leads to a reduced workload and more time and space to enhance the app experience and increase outreach.
What is MERN Stack?
Advantages of MERN Stack:
- The technologies can create web applications, and the programming language is the same across various tiers, eliminating any need for context switching.
- It is a full-stack as it employs a traditional three-tier application pattern.
- React.js is great for communicating with a remote server while cultivating engaging and interactive user interfaces in HTML.
- MERN is usually the preferred choice for web developers today, especially those well-versed with React.js.
- It can be employed to deploy full-stack web applications quickly.
- It is the preferred platform for startups, and it is quickly becoming one of the most widely used web development apps.
- It has a built-in and scalable environment.
- MERN can easily reverse web apps to the format of software or mobile app.
Your software development and application needs are generally going to be unique to your project, and you want to keep this in mind as you are selecting a software developer for collaboration. First, it is helpful to intimately familiarize yourself with requirements and have a concrete vision of your project’s end goal. Next, consider the potential challenges involved with the project. Next, pay attention to audience expectations and consider the importance of agility and delivery. Finally, consider your budget, total development cost, and additional costs as you select the program best suited for you.