Tips To Prepare Travel First-aid Kit for Old Travellers
Traveling is an all-time favorite activity for us all, and irrespective of age people enjoy it. In fact, we have heard many people planning their world tours after retirement. They want to explore the unseen corners of the planet while recollecting their mental peace. Nevertheless, at the same time, older people should also be concerned about their health concerns. Whether they travel alone or with the family, a special first-aid kit for seniors should get ample space in your luggage.
Most important, keep extra medicines
When you leave your house no matter how pleasant is the reason, never overlook the factor of uncertainty. It is necessary to keep more medicines than what you usually consume.
- It is better to keep the double quantity of the medicines that you usually take. One part you should keep in the carry-on bag and one in the luggage. Keep it light as much as possible.
- You may need them because sometimes the health conditions drastically change when the atmosphere changes with the place. At that time, you might need to increase the quantity.
- You may not find the prescribed medicines in another city or country. Taking an extra amount of medication is right. Do not forget the factor of uncertainty; caution always helps.
Ask about medicines one may need due to a particular weather
Old age is prone to every small and significant change in the weather conditions. New health concerns may arise when the place changes. For example – some places are quite humid, which may cause congestion in the chest for some older heart patients.
- Tell the doctor about the place, explain the weather, and wait for some information that the doctor might have on his/her side.
- Get the suggestion of suitable medicines according to the age because every age group has come common symptoms. Besides, individual conditions are essential.
- Buy the suggested medicines before you leave the house. Do not postpone it thinking that you will buy once you reach to the travel destination.
Paper tape and self-adhesive bandage for delicate skin people
A first-aid kit for the senior people should always have instant healers, and we all know how perfectly tapes and bandages play that role. They can be used at any time without waiting for any help.
- Seniors have recurring issues of joint pain, and muscle pull etc. in those situations bandages are always helpful. They are medicated and deliver instant relief.
- In case of a wound or cut, the paper tape can be used as an instant cover to keep the cotton and medicine at the right place.
- Both bandages and paper tapes are easy to carry. Their light and easy rolls can fit in a small space in the bag of any size and can be used immediately.
Keep the caution on narcotics while crossing the international borders
Yes, you know that some sorts of drugs are banned in some countries and if you are taking a flight with them, caution is a must. Some examples are – Codeine, Oxycontin, Vicodin etc. It is not fine in old age to wait at the airport just because the security checked asked you about certain medicines.
- Keep the prescription of the doctor with you. It can be used to authenticate your logics at the security check. It saves time and also makes the journey stress-free.
- When you reach the travel destination, you might need to visit a doctor due to some health issue. In that case, the concerned doctor may get help from the prescription.
- The prescription can be used to buy more medicine at the new state or country’s local shops to buy the new one. Carelessness on this point can cause unnecessary stress which is not suitable for the old ones.
Keep the must-have things in the first-aid kit
Now when you have learned about the basic rules of a good kit, it is time to look at the checklist of first-aid things you should have. Here are the names you can consider and customise it. Before you finally pack the medicine bag, match your list with the items below.
- Muscle cream and sprays
- Antibiotics for better strength
- Anti-itch ointment
- Nausea medicines
- Small scissors
- Numbing spray
- Cough medicine
- Cold and flu tablets
Usually, people visualise old age as going to the care centres, surviving on the loans for pensioners, but it is not always. Travelling can change the whole picture for a very positive reason. It can make life happier than ever after old age is the time when you are mostly free from other responsibilities. The clock does not tame you with time limits, no deadlines, no boss, only your own little world. The only need is of caution while travelling through a well-equipped world, and then you can travel the world shining like a bright sun.