In How Many Ways Can We Do The Netgear WiFi Extender Setup?
We know how important the internet is now for day-to-day activities. Everyone is online for at least some period of the day, and during this time, no one wants to have a connection issue. Thus the Netgear Extender Setup provides seamless and strong internet connections in every corner of your home. So if you have the Netgear Extender setup, you will get WiFi coverage all over your home. There will not be any dead zones or corners without an internet connection.
Now, if you have just bought a Netgear Extender setup or are looking for various ways to set up the Netgear Extenders, then this guide is perfect for you. In this guide, you will find multiple ways to set up the Netgear Wifi extenders, along with step-by-step information for each kind of setup. So let’s move to the setup part.
Netgear Extender Setup by the Manual Method
To manually set up the WiFi Extenders, the first thing you need is access to the default web interface. Use the following steps to get access to the web GUI of Netgear WiFi Extender.
- So firstly, you need to do the basic setup, which includes unwrapping the extenders, installing the antennas of the extenders, and connecting the extenders to the power supply plug.
- Now, you have to connect the extenders with your router and also power them on.
- Ṭhen power on your computer and launch its web browser.
- Next, search for the mywifiext.net setup in the search bar of your web browser.
Sometimes the users also face no internet connection issues while connecting to the router setup page. However, if you are facing this issue, feel free to connect to our experts regarding the same.
- The mywifiext.net setup URL will take you to the Netgear WiFi extender setup login page. You need to sign in to the router using this page. So, enter the default username and password in the required fields and select the Login button to log in.
- Once you log in, you will land on the dashboard of the range extender page.
- Use the dashboard of the range extender page, select the WiFi network you want to extend with the help of the new extender setup.
- Then select the Next button. You will be asked to put in your WiFi passphrase.
- Lastly, enter the required details and select the Finish button to complete the extender setup process.
Now the setup process is complete. Another name for the manual setup is the Netgear installation Assistant method. But note that now the router network name will be renamed in the form of Netgear_ext SSID.
Also, now you are free to relocate your extenders to your preferred location. But take care of the following before relocating your extenders:
- The new location of your extenders should not be out of the range of your WiFi routers.
- It is better if you place the extenders at places where the WiFi signals are weak. So we suggest you place the router in the dead zones of the house.
- Make sure that the WiFi signals of your extender do not get interfered with by the WiFi signals of other devices such as cell phones, microwaves, baby monitors, refrigerators, Bluetooth devices, etc.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup by the WPS Method
Some users could find the Manual setup of extenders lengthy and a bit complex. If this is the case with you, then try this WPS method. You may already know the full form of WPS, which is WiFi Protected Setup.
Follow these steps to do the WPS setup of the WiFi extenders:
- So, power on all the extenders. Also, ensure that all the LEDs of the extenders light up green.
- All the LEDs of the extenders must light up when you power on the router. If any of the LEDs fail to light up, there could be a power issue. In that case, you need to repeat the first step.
- Once you are sure that all the LEDs of the extenders light up green, you need to look for the extender’s WPS button. The location of the WPS button could be different for different models of the Netgear extenders. We suggest you look at the side panels of the extender for the WPS button.
- Now you need to press the WPS button of your WiFi router and wait till all the LEDs of the devices become solid green.
Once you have successfully done all the above steps, the Extender setup using the WPS button is complete. Now you can unplug the extenders and place them in different locations. We suggest you place the extenders in poor WiFi connectivity locations. And do note that the setup will change your router network (SSID) name in the form of Netgear_ext (SSID). You can connect your Wi-Fi-enabled devices to this network and enjoy fast-speed internet in the most remote zones of your house.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup using an Ethernet Connection
A lot of the WiFi routers do not support WPS connectivity. In that case, you can connect and set up the extenders using an Ethernet connection.
Follow these steps to set up and install all the range extenders with the help of the Ethernet connection:
- So first, you need to place all the extenders close to the home WiFi router.
- Then you need to connect them with the help of an Ethernet wire. But make sure that the Ethernet cable that you are using is not damaged.
- Then put one end of the cable into the extender port and another into the router’s Ethernet port.
- Then power on both your WiFi range extenders and home WiFi router.
- Now launch any web browser on your PC or laptop.
- Then look for the Netgear Extender login webpage in the search bar.
- Once you land on the extender login page, fill in the required details and login into the router setup page.
- If you are logging in to your Router for the first time, use the default login credentials for logging in.
- Now once you have successfully logged in, a Netgear genie Wizard will appear on the screen.
- Here you have to select the extender network that you want to extend.
- After selecting the extender’s network, tap on the Continue button.
- Now you can also set up the security settings of your extended network.
- Then type in the network password in the Passphrase column.
- Then again, tap on the Continue button.
- This way, the system will save all the changes you made.
- And lastly, tap on the Finish button to complete the extender setup process.
Thus, you have successfully set up your extenders using the ethernet cable technology. Now you can connect the WiFi-enabled devices with the extended network. But make sure that you connect to the Netgear_ext SSID as it is the new name of your router network.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup by using the Nighthawk app
Yes, the Netgear Extenders can also be set up using the Nighthawk app. Follow the following steps to set up the Netgear Extenders with the help of the Nighthawk app:
- So first, download the Nighthawk app on your Smartphone.
- If you are an Android user, use the play store app to download the Nighthawk app.
- If you use an iOS device, you could download the app from the Apple app store.
- Now, after downloading and installing the Nighthawk app, open it on your device and agree to its terms and conditions.
- Then log in to your Netgear account by using your Netgear login credentials.
- Now connect your WiFi-enabled device to the extender’s Netgear_ext SSID.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to further set up the Netgear extenders with the help of the Nighthawk app.
Once you complete the on-screen instructions, your wifi extenders will be successfully set up.