A Step-By-Step Guide For Technical SEO Audit
In the online domain, it’s all about the presence you can create for your brand (website). Now, talking of that in a real sense we mean Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The ultimate goal for your website is to rank high in the search engine result pages (SERPs) on Google and other browsers. To do this a number of SEO techniques and tricks are applied. The importance of SEO is so much so that it is offered as professional website SEO services by digital marketing firms.
Now, whether you hire website SEO services or do it on your own, what you need is results. To check that there is a need to conduct an audit. Just like you conduct an audit for finance where resources put in profit generated is seen here you do the same. Now, you might be confused with what a technical SEO audit means then don’t worry we would be taking the topic right from the scratch.
The SEO technical audit is simply an examination of the key SEO parameters performed by your digital marketing consultant. Here you assess your website’s SEO performance based on the parameters like page speed, index status, site content, target keywords, mobile readiness, etc. The audit shall be conducted on a routine basis so that you can understand whether the efforts you are making are delivering the results or not.
Having discussed the basics of it, let’s check the step-by-step process to conduct a technical SEO audit for your website.
The technical SEO audit is a simple process that requires you to assess certain things and make observations about key parameters. The step by step guide to that is here:
- Getting The Tool: There are a number of SEO audit tools available online. However, you have to choose the one where you can check most of the parameters and draw a holistic conclusion. Here if you are performing the audit for the first time then use the tools that have good features in free plans. Screaming Frog, SEMrush are some of the good options in that regard.
- Perform Crawling: The first step of SEO auditing involves website crawling. Crawling is a basic process that involves the search engine sending a bot to a web page or web post and “reading” the page. This is the first part of having a search engine recognize your page and show it in search results. With free SEO audit tools, you can crawl up to 500 URLs.
- Crawling Report Assessment: The crawling of the website would bring in many important details for you. Thus, it is important to assess the report carefully. The crawling report would surface broken links, missing URLs from your sitemap, page speed, duplicate pages, etc. These are all pullback factors for your SEO. Note these things from the report and take action to correct them.
- Google Search Console: Next in the line of processes is the Google Search Console report. The report is a great insight as it provides a view of how the search engine is seeing your website. Since you have to rank up in SERPs you have to know why Google has been ranking you low via this report. The report provides information about SEO ranking factors, mobile readiness of the website, responsiveness, HTTP errors, etc. Follow the report effectively to curb out the things causing problems.
- Google Analytics: Alongside the search console report you have to assess the website analytics with the help of Google’s tool. Here You have to check the setup of your website. In the Google Analytics account click on settings and then enable the bot filtering. This stops hits coming from bots to be tracked. Now, check the real-time analytics report. If you find that visits on your web pages are missing then there is an issue in it that is to be debugged. Take the help of the website developer to resolve it.
- SEO Score: To get a complete idea and overall view right from the website speed to responsiveness conduct a website SEO score check. You can use popular tools like SEO Site Checkup. The tool would provide you an SEO score out of a total of 100. The score is very useful in knowing the factors where your website is lagging. Further, the score serves as a benchmark for your next audit and SEO strategies to check whether things are changing or not.
Well, that’s it. You can conduct the technical SEO audit of your website by following the steps discussed above. Now, the key thing here is not to conduct the audit but take an understanding from it and make changes. Also, make sure to perform the audit at regular intervals and not as a one of activity if you really want to boost the SERPs ranking. Don’t hesitate to hire the website SEO services if you feel its need.