Dominate Online Grocery Delivery by Developing an App like Instacart
Online Grocery Delivery-A comfortable and affordable shopping experience is offered by Instacart, a grocery ordering and delivery platform functioning in more than 5500 cities in the USA and Canada. With over 45000 retail store partners and 500 million products listed on its platform, it has a market value exceeding $39 billion.
Entrepreneurs looking to get a strong foothold in the booming online grocery delivery industry by creating an app like Instacart have to be ready to spend huge investments and time. However, a viable alternative to strike instant success is by acquiring a ready-made Instacart clone app.
What does an Instacart Clone App denote?
- It is a fully customized and feature-packed grocery ordering and delivery solution.
- An app like Instacart contains well-functioning Android and iOS apps for customers, delivery executives, and a robust admin dashboard.
- It is suitable for usage by standalone grocery stores, marketplaces, and grocery chains.
- The USP of the app is its high scalability in handling millions of orders spread across a lot of regions.
- Users can order fruits, vegetables, poultry products, beverages, alcohol, snacks, beauty care products, and desserts from the Instacart clone app.
The core components of a grocery delivery app like Instacart are
- Easy ordering options for users – to get home delivery of groceries within 1 or 2 hours or 1 day.
- Sharing of instant notifications – about order status, discounts, offers, and location of the delivery personnel.
- Access to Instacart Express membership – The premium subscription plans available either monthly or yearly provide benefits for shoppers such as free door delivery of products and lower prices.
- Curbside pickup – Those customers who do not prefer contactless delivery of groceries can prefer the Curbside pickup option. They can visit selected retail stores to pick-up their grocery orders.
- Ordering facility from warehouses – The Instacart clone has tie-ups with the leading wholesale and retail warehouse clubs in the market. Users can directly order their desired items available at economical prices.
- Provision of round-the-clock technical support – Customers can file complaints about products that are missing, incorrect, damaged, need to be replaced, and of poor quality to the support team and get their issues resolved soon.
- Acceptance of multiple payment methods – Transactions can be made by the users for their groceries through debit cards, credit cards, electronic benefit transfer (EBT), Google Pay, Apple Pay, and UnionPay.
- A rating and review system – Customers can rate the quality of the groceries on a scale of 1-5. They can also share feedback about the professionalism of the delivery executives in the integrated review system.
- Other features – Easy reordering, access to exclusive discounts, offers, promo codes, coupons, an advanced search and filter option, and a real-time order tracking option are some of the extra features available for the shoppers on an app like Instacart.
Delivery Executive Dashboard
- Flexible acceptance and rejection of delivery requests – The delivery personnel can either accept or deny an order fulfillment request raised by the users on the Instacart clone. They can mention a proper reason if not available.
- Access to earnings reports – They can view their earnings over a period (week, month, year). The detailed report includes all information about their commission, bonuses, and tips received.
- A route optimization mechanism – The delivery executives can reach the location of retail stores and the homes of customers quickly by utilizing the route navigation option.
- Withdraw their earnings – They can sync their bank account or compatible digital wallet to an app like Instacart and withdraw their income anytime without facing any restrictions.
- Update their profile information – The delivery personnel can modify their profile details like name, image, phone number, and work experience anytime.
- Monitor the business performance – The admin closely watches the business performance over a period. They get access to the latest information about revenue, costs, profits, and cash flow.
- Handle delivery requests – The admin is responsible for assigning order fulfillment requests to the nearby located delivery executives. They can place a larger number of delivery personnel in certain areas where a higher number of orders is expected.
- Manage all promotional campaigns – They maintain a positive buzz for the Instacart clone across various communication channels. Information about attractive discounts and deals is circulated far and wide to boost business prospects.
- Respond to customers’ grievances – The admin takes prompt corrective action in case of any negligence or cases of poor services. This ensures greater satisfaction for the shoppers.
- Add new features – They strive to grow and develop a grocery delivery app like Instacart to greater heights. The admin lists new products on the Instacart clone and also establishes productive partnerships with new retail stores.
- Ensure efficient fund management – They make timely payments to the delivery executives and other employees by crediting the required amounts to their respective bank accounts and e-wallets.
The step-by-step methodology followed for cutting-edge Instacart Clone App Development
- Recognizing the business goals of the client firm.
- Preparing a detailed development plan with several stages or phases.
- Recruiting various team members such as frontend and backend developers, mobile app developers, marketing specialists, finance managers, project managers, QA testers, and technical support staff.
- Designing a friendly UI/UX that will be suitable for the different tastes and ages of the customers.
- Adding the required features and functionalities into the grocery delivery app like Instacart.
- Rigorously testing the solution to remove technical loopholes, bugs, and vulnerabilities.
- Launching the final version of the Instacart clone solution officially in the market.
- Providing additional services like technical support, maintenance, bug-fixing, and the issue of new software upgrades post-deployment.
Instacart has proved its might in the American market by being highly resilient despite heavy competition from its rivals like goPuff, FreshDirect, Walmart, Peapod, Shipt, and Burpy. In the coming years, the grocery delivery giant may invest in driverless vehicles and cashier-less stores by utilizing advanced technologies like data analytics, automation, and artificial intelligence.
It is also actively striving to improve the e-commerce business of its partner retailers and ensure faster delivery of products to the customers. Hence, stay ahead of the intense competition in the online grocery delivery industry by acquiring a one-of-the-kind Instacart clone app.